Friday, June 19, 2015

Sad Bird

Sad bird
With lonely eyes
Like dying trees
With thin, gray feathers
Like skeletal leaves
With crippled wings
Like broken clocks
With an empty beak
Like a beggar's hands
Pecking at the grimy ground
For remnants of life
For what you lost
Abandoned by your flock
They turn away
Look away, look away
And we won't have to see
The truth
And we can hide
From obligation
From love
There's nothing we can do
The ultimate lie
The lovely denial
The escape
But I cannot turn away
I cannot close my eyes
I cannot abandon you
Not you, sad bird!
I have nothing to give
I have so much nothing
Take my nothing
And make it everything
Take my hair
And make a nest
Take my eyes
And make them teach
Your eyes to be happy
Take my bones
And make new wings
Take my breath
And make a breeze
Take my hands
And make a tree
Take my voice
and make your song
Take my heart
And make the sky
And fly, fly, fly!
Happy bird

No comments:

Post a Comment