Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Gold Necklace: My Sign

I wear a gold cross around my neck everywhere.
It gets snagged on my clothes, it gets snagged on my hair.
I thumps against my chest when I run.
Its cold surface freezes my skin, even in the sun.
It has a few clumps where the chain is stuck together.
Despite this, I know I will wear it forever.
"Is this an obsession?" you ask. I say, "No!"
I wear as a symbol, a sign to show....
that I am a Catholic, and always will be.
And that being on this cross, Jesus set me free.

1 comment:

  1. Megan,
    I too always wear a gold cross. It also has a few places where the chain "clumps" together. It was given to me many years ago by my son and it always reminds me that He is safe with our Lord.
    Thanks for another lovely poem!
    Blessings~
    Trish Rice

    ReplyDelete